I am an Oceanographer in the
Climate Dynamics and Prediction
Group at the Geophysical Fluids Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL).
My work is centered around development of and investigation with general circulation
models. I was previously a Research Scientist with
and prior to that a UCAR Visiting
Scientist at GFDL.
Currently Working On:
- Lee, Hyun-Chul, Thomas L Delworth, Anthony Rosati, Rong Zhang, Whit G Anderson, Fanrong Zeng, Charles A Stock, Anand Gnanadesikan,Keith W Dixon, and Stephen M Griffies, January 2013: Impact of climate warming on upper layer of the Bering Sea. Climate Dynamics, 40(1-2), DOI:10.1007/s00382-012-1301-8.
- Yang, Xiaosong, Anthony Rosati, Shaoqing Zhang, Thomas L Delworth, Rich Gudgel, Rong Zhang, Gabriel A Vecchi, Whit G Anderson, You-Soon Chang, T DelSole, Keith W Dixon, Rym Msadek, William F Stern, Andrew T Wittenberg, and Fanrong Zeng, January 2013: A predictable AMO-like pattern in GFDL's fully-coupled ensemble initialization and decadal forecasting system. Journal of Climate, 26(2), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00231.1.
- Delworth, Thomas L., Anthony Rosati, Whit G Anderson, Alistair Adcroft, Ventakramani Balaji, Rusty Benson, Keith W Dixon, Stephen M Griffies, Hyun-Chul Lee, Ronald C Pacanowski, Gabriel A Vecchi, Andrew T Wittenberg, Fanrong Zeng, and Rong Zhang, April 2012: Simulated climate and climate change in the GFDL CM2.5 high-resolution coupled climate model. Journal of Climate, 25(8), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00316.1.
- Zhang, Rong, Thomas L Delworth, Anthony Rosati, Whit G Anderson, Keith W Dixon, Hyun-Chul Lee, and Fanrong Zeng, December 2011:Sensitivity of the North Atlantic Ocean circulation to an abrupt change in the Nordic Sea overflow in a high resolution global coupled climate model. Journal of Geophysical Research, 116, C12024, DOI:10.1029/2011JC007240.
- Gnanadesikan, Anand, K A Emanuel, Gabriel A Vecchi, Whit G Anderson, and Robert W Hallberg, September 2010: How ocean color can steer Pacific tropical cyclones. Geophysical Research Letters, 37, L18802, DOI:10.1029/2010GL044514.
- Anderson, Whit G., Anand Gnanadesikan, and Andrew T Wittenberg, August 2009: Regional impacts of ocean color on tropical Pacific variability. Ocean Science, 5(3), DOI:10.5194/os-5-313-2009.
- Gnanadesikan, Anand, and Whit G Anderson, February 2009: Ocean water clarity and the ocean general circulation in a coupled climate model. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 39(2), DOI:10.1175/2008JPO3935.1.
- Anderson, Whit G., Anand Gnanadesikan, Robert W Hallberg, John P Dunne, and Bonita L Samuels, June 2007: Impact of ocean color on the maintenance of the Pacific Cold Tongue. Geophysical Research Letters, 34, L11609, DOI:10.1029/2007GL030100.
- Radio interview for Earth & Sky
In the news...
Modeled cyclone trajectories under climatological
ocean color conditions (green lines) and under "blue"
conditions (blue lines).